Have Question? Call Us Now
Kidnap & Ransom Insurance
Providing quality insurance solutions for protecting families and employees against the growing threat of Kidnap & Ransom.
Kidnap Ransom & Extortion Insurance
What does a Kidnap Ransom and Extortion Insurance Policy cover?
Kidnap Ransom & Extortion insurance provides a broad range of benefits and services for individuals and companies operating in both domestic and foreign markets, especially in high-risk areas around the world, such as Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, the Middle East, as well as some parts of the Asia and Eastern Europe. Kidnap Ransom & Extortion policies offer coverage against the risk of a kidnap, extortion, wrongful detention, and other such events.
How Does It Work?
The insurance protection is a combination of financial indemnification and expert crisis management. A typical policy can cover items such as ransom payments, hostage negotiations, medical and psychiatric care, loss of income, consulting fees, family counseling, rehabilitation and many other related expenses. These policies can also cover personal accident losses caused by a kidnap or hijacking.
Crisis Management & Response
Kidnap Ransom & Extortion insurance does not only provide the funding mechanism for the ransom, but more importantly these policies give clients access to crisis management response teams, who’s primary objective is a quick and safe release of the victim. These trained professionals have extensive knowledge of the crisis area, local laws and issues and are well trained in threat assessment, prevention, and hostage negotiation.
Through our partnership with top insurance providers our clients have access to some of the premiere crisis management firms.
Who is Eligible for Coverage?
Traditional Kidnap & Ransom Insurance was geared more towards the multinational corporations or the high net worth individual but with the threat of terrorism today, the global environment has changed drastically with many more organizations planning for this kind of risk. Coverage is available to virtually any type of company, organization, or individual operating in or traveling to high risk areas of the world.
- Corporate/Business – Companies with offices or employees oversees
- Individual/Family – High net worth individuals or families living or traveling to high risk areas
- Academic Institutions – Covers all academic programs, including unique needs such as study abroad, or campus violence.
- Religious Organization Protection – Coverage against a variety of security threats
Atlas Underwriters can help individuals and companies protect their families and employees. Due to the nature of this coverage all kidnap Ransom and Extortion quotes will be processed directly with our underwriting department. For a Kidnap Ransom and Extortion quote please click here
Kidnap & Ransom Facts*:
- Average ransom demand is over $2 million
- 25,000 – 30,000 reported kidnapping incidents
- Estimates say over 80% of cases go unreported
- Studies show 87% of victims are local citizens
- Worldwide ransom payments exceed US$1.5 billion
- 70% of all global incidents reported are from Africa and Asia
Top 10 Kidnapping Capitals
|Statistics were gathered from various online sources|