Have Question? Call Us Now
Professional Liability or Error & Omissions Insurance
As a professional, you are considered to be proficient in your respective field. And are expected to adhere to industry standards when performing your professional services. However no matter your expertise and years of experience, mistakes are prone to happen especially over a long career.
Protect your firm and years of work with a professional liability policy that will respond when you need it most.
What Does Professional Liability Insurance Cover?
- Negligence/Wrongful Acts
Protects against legal action due to apparent negligence, error or omission by the professional or business.
- Breach of Duty
Covers against claims for failure to satisfy or non-performance by reason of wrongful neglect, error or omission.
- Legal/Defense Costs
Covers the costs and expenses of legal defense, investigation, expert witnesses, legal counsel, etc.
Common Coverage Extensions
- Breach of Confidentiality
- Libel and Slander
- Arbitration Costs
- Prior Work/Completed Services
- Employee Dishonesty/Fraud
- Loss of data or documents
- Contractual Liability not due to negligence
- Compensation or Court Attendance
- Unintentional Trademark/Copyright Infringements
Should You Consider Professional Liability Insurance?
- Are you seen as an expert in your field?
- Does your company perform specialized or technical services?
- Do you offer professional advice of a sensitive and confidential nature?
While professional liability coverage is typical for individuals and companies in the financial, legal, and medical fields. Careers such as beauticians, wedding planners, plumbers, electricians, and security personnel are not immune from litigation or legal action.
Our team of underwriters have extensive knowledge in accessing professional liability risk. We offer comprehensive policy wording and custom tailored benefits.